GI SUPPLY believes that privacy is a fundamental right of each individual and when contacting GI SUPPLY every visitor is entitled to a fair expectation of privacy protection through an explanation about what happens with the Information you share with GI SUPPLY.
Questions about the privacy of your Information at GI SUPPLY may be addressed to:
|By mail:||GI Supply
5069 Ritter Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Who are we?
GI Supply, Inc. is responsible for the processing of the collection and use of your Information. Together with our global affiliates (jointly “GI SUPPLY“, “us” or “we“), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Table of contents:
- When do we collect information?
- What kind of information we collect from you?
- How do we use the information?
- Legitimate basis of processing your information
- Children’s information
- Where we store and process your information
- How long we retain your information
- Disclosing your information
- Your privacy rights and access to information
- Third party sites and services
- Submitting communications or ideas through our website
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Contact us
1. WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information. This information includes the device’s unique device identifiers, operating system and mobile network information (“Log information”), date, time and duration of your use, your location, what materials you have up-or downloaded, through which link you got to GI SUPPLY, information about what parts of the Services you use. This information is processed in our server logs to get a better understanding of how people use the Services, to ensure we provide a good user experience and customer service, for system administration- and security purposes.
2. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Information about you:
We may collect any Information that you provide to us when:
- you register to use any of the Services (e.g. when you download information, register for an event, seek to be contacted by an GI SUPPLY representative, opt in for marketing communications, send an e-mail or electronic message),
- you subscribe to GI SUPPLY publications (e.g. a newsletter or GI SUPPLY updates),
- you seek employment with GI SUPPLY,
- you seek to conduct business with GI SUPPLY,
- you create an account or complete details of any profile using the Services,
- you mail, post, upload or share any material or content through any of the Services (e.g. surveys, comments on articles)
- you report a problem with any of the Services,
- you make a transaction using one of our Services, or
- the Log information.
This kind of Information may include your name, email address, and other contact details such as your addresses, e-mail details, phone numbers etc. It may also include biographical Information such as career information, your date of birth. We may also collect Information necessary to perform financial transactions.
If you contact us with a complaint or query about the Services, we may keep a record of that correspondence to ensure we solve your issue and provide good customer service. We may also ask you to complete surveys about our products and Services that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to such surveys.
Special categories of Information
GI SUPPLY will not process Information which is considered “as special category” information, such individual medical records. Please do not volunteer that type of Information.
Security assurance, fraud & data breach prevention
The Information you submit will be processed through a variety of technical and organizational means, with the objective to assure your privacy, to prevent personal data breaches, to detect unethical content and to proactively protect the integrity of our systems.
We may also use your Information to ensure the security of your use of the Services, any user accounts you may have with us and our business, as well as for the purposes of preventing or detecting fraud or abuse of our Services.
3. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION
Information will only be used in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected.
To do business with you as a supplier to you (queries, web shop, service etc.)
We use this Information to enable you to make use of the Services and to enable us to provide a good level of customer service. The foregoing including financial transactions and communication by e-mail and other electronic means.
To do business with you as a vendor
We use this Information to engage in business transactions with you acting as a product or service vendor to GI SUPPLY, including financial transactions.
We may also use your Information to provide you and your organization with information about our products and services which may be of interest to you and your organization.
If you do not want us to use Information in this way, you can opt-out by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the email footer of the marketing communication that we send to you.
We may use the Information to conduct e.g. market surveys, analyze business performance, client satisfaction, product and Service performance.
We use the Information submitted for employment purposes to review your candidacy, including but not limited to suitability for the job, career history, professional qualifications. In addition, the Information may be used to review your postings on social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and similar media.
Information processing & transfer
GI SUPPLY is using processing and other services from third parties in the ordinary course of business. Information may be shared with these parties.
GI SUPPLY is using the Information throughout the entire GI SUPPLY group of companies.
4. LEGITIMATE BASIS OF PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
It is of paramount importance to GI SUPPLY that it processes Information on a legal basis.
This means that the ‘legal basis’ for GI SUPPLY processing your Information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- it is necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you or prepare for;
- for our or our third parties’ legitimate business interests;
- your consent; or
- where the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as tax and accounting, safety
All the above does not limit your Privacy Rights as further explained below in Section 9.
5. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
If you are under the age of 16, you are not allowed to use any of our Services or create an account with us unless parents / guardians have provided their consent.
6. WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
The Information may be processed and stored at a location outside of your country which may have different privacy protection laws than those of your country.
The Information will be processed and stored by GI SUPPLY entities and service providers outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer Information outside of the EEA, GI SUPPLY will take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with privacy protection laws.
7. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Your Information will be retained for if that is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in paragraphs 2 and 3 above or as required by applicable law. Because retention periods are very different from country to country and dependent on the nature of the Information, it is not feasible to provide exact details but Information will not be retained longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose or as prescribed by law.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Information to any other GI SUPPLY Entity.
We may disclose your Information to third parties: (a) if GI SUPPLY retains a service provider to process Information or to deliver services to GI SUPPLY, (b) if we partner or work with a third party to help us provide Services to you, or (c) or as part of a merger and acquisition process of whatever nature (d) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
We may also disclose your Information: (a) to enforce any agreements we may have with you or to investigate potential breaches, or (b) to protect the rights, property or safety of us, the users of our Services, or others.
9. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Data protection legislation gives you rights with respect to your Information. These rights differ by country/region but your Privacy Rights in relation to GI SUPPLY include in any event:
- the right to object to or withdraw consent to the processing of your Information,
- the right to a copy of your Information,
- the right to rectify incorrect Information,
- the right to request deletion of your Information,
- the right to be informed about the retention periods or retention criteria,
- the right to request a restriction of the processing of your Information,
- to request to receive a machine-readable copy of your Information,
- the right to receive information about data transfers outside of the EEA,
- the right to request information about data processing,
- the right to seek legal remedies in case of an infraction on your privacy rights,
- the right to lodge a complaint with Data Protection Agencies.
We will handle any request to exercise your Privacy Rights in accordance with applicable law.
If you wish to exercise Privacy Rights please contact the GI SUPPLY Privacy Officer.
|By mail:||GI Supply
200 Grandview Avenue
Camp Hill, PA 17011-1706
10. THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Services may contain links to and from various other websites. If you follow a link to any such websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and policies and we cannot be held responsible for them.
Your use of any of our online or mobile applications will also be subject to the privacy notices and policies of any app store provider and/or operator (“App Store Provider”) from whom you have downloaded the app.
Please check these third-party privacy notices and policies before providing any Information to any other website or App Store Provider.
11. SUBMITTING COMMUNICATIONS OR IDEAS THROUGH OUR SITE
Any communications or other Information you send to GI SUPPLY through its websites are on a non-confidential basis, and GI SUPPLY is under no obligation to refrain from reproducing, publishing, or otherwise using them in any way or for any purpose. GI SUPPLY shall be free to use the content of any such communications, including any ideas, inventions concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or Services. The sender of any communications to GI SUPPLY websites shall be responsible for the content and Information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy.
12. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A more detailed list of the Cookies used when providing the Services is set out by category below:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are essential to enable you to move around our websites or other Services and enable you to use certain features and Services that you have specifically asked for. Without these Cookies, certain Services that you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser.
These Cookies collect Information about how you use the Services to allow us to improve them and identify which parts are most important to you and your use of the Services. All the Information these Cookies collect is aggregated and does not seek to personally identify you.
These Cookies remember the choices you make when using the Services (such as your user name, language, preferences, country codes or Information as to the country or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features to improve your experience.
Your choices and opting-out
You can accept or decline Cookies by an individual decision or by modifying your browser or app settings. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites, platforms and Services.
14. CONTACT US